Better yet, the team clinches the World GT Championship by winning at Reims, France on July 4th, 1965. The only American car to ever achieve this.
Now, imagine an unprecedented collection of three legendary Cobra Daytona Coupe replicas that represent the pinnacle of Cobra performance at the 1964 Tour de France.
The actual cars took a little over 90 days to build. It took Exoto over two years of painstaking effort to bring these important new models to life. Built-in grand 1:18 scale, they set new standards of detail and precision. All of which makes it a lasting tribute to one of the most important race cars of all time. It's the stuff of legends.
One thing you can't imagine is just how much we put into these models until you actually hold them in your hands. All you have to do is look at the valve stems that we machined out of aluminum and you'll know we went crazy on the details. We went to extra trouble and expense to photo etch the radiator and oil cooler. If that weren't enough, look at the fully wired and plumbed engine. The incredibly detailed interior. Look at the real wire mesh screens under the chassis and on nearly everybody panel opening.
Fact is, everywhere you look at this collection, it is a feast for the eyes.
• Opening functions include: doors, hood and lexon-like hatch
• Highly detailed engine, fully wired and plumbed
• Simulated bungie cord secures spare tire (most items)
• Real wire mesh covering on all body panel openings
• All racing graphics have been painted on. No decals
• Steering wheel function. Fully detailed interior
• Genuine tread pattern on miniature rubber-like Goodyear Blue Streak tires
• Genuine metal chains to hold tilting hood
• Numerous photo-etched parts: radiators. license plate ...
• Machined aluminum valve stems (all five wheels)
• Designed in 1:18 scale. Over 9" long
• Superb 11 step paint finish
• Full die-cast body and chassis. Numbered editions
• Hand-assembled from over 140 scaled precision parts