Amongst the best known and lovingly remembered race transporters are the FIAT/Bartoletti transporters around which teams and fans alike would congregate during a race weekend. They were the hub of activity in the paddock. Following in the footsteps of trucks built for Scuderia Ferrari and Scuderia Maserati was an even larger truck by Bartoletti, featuring dual rear axles and even more carrying capacity. Commissioned by Lance Reventlow to carry his Scarab race cars, the Type II truck was soon in the hands of Alan Mann Racing and was often seen carrying legendary Cobras to and from historic racecourses.
To capture this moment in time: The 1965 Shelby American at Le Mans Gift Set, a supremely accurate and detailed miniatures of the FIAT/Bartoletti Type II Transporter, fully loaded with a trio of 1965 Shelby Daytona Coupe racecars -- #9 (driven by Dan Gurney, Jerry Grant) #10 (driven by Bob Johnson, Tom Payne) and #11 (drive-by Dick Thompson, Jack Sears)
Full of furious detail, these 1:43 scale collectibles are complete with:
• Functional rear ramps for lower-level loading
• Hinged elevating upper ramps for top-level loading
• Generous use of real wood and photo-etch metal
• Geared propeller shaft that turns rear tires via a transaxle
• Posable front wheels
• Functioning suspension
• Full interior and exterior detail
• Photo-etch front grill revealing cooling fan behind
• Exoto's eleven-step paint finish with tampo graphics
• and more...