That was the year Martini and Porsche were no longer there to battle for the outright victory with the type 936 prototype. Instead, private teams had to carry the flag by competing with the former factory 936s and customer 934s and 935s. And carry it they did!
Lubrifilm Racing hired Herbert Müller to share the driving duties with Lubrifilm regulars, Angelo Pallavicini and Marco Vanoli. The Swiss trio drove a fantastic race, keeping the pressure on without relent. They held the lead in Group 4 from flag to flag, finishing the grueling event more than 30 laps ahead of their nearest Group 4 competitor, another Porsche 934. The #82 car finished in 4th place overall, having covered 2,468.58 miles at an average speed of 102.85mph.
The real story is that the Lubrifilm Racing entry finished a mere lap behind the third-place Hawaiian Tropic Porsche 935/77, and just two laps behind the second-place 935/77 of Porsche Kremer Racing, both cars that many would have considered to be much faster!
This exacting replica captures in precise 1:18 scale every detail of this classic Porsche model. Special features include full opening parts to showcase an unprecedented level of furious detail: fully wired and plumbed Flat-Six Turbo Boxer engine, water and oil cooling radiators in photo-etch, fully detailed cockpit, water pipes, hydraulic hoses and electrical wires. With functioning features like true-to-the-original suspension system with genuine coil springs and dampers, rotating disc brakes within fixed calipers, removable BBS wheels, and much more...
• Superb die-cast metal body, full opening parts
• Highly detailed interior and rollcage
• Steering function
• Photo-etch on quick fasteners
• Rubber-like Dunlop tires with genuine tread pattern
• Radiators with double-sided photo-etch are connected
back to the engine
• Front brake air cooling ducts
• Functioning front and rear suspension. Race-tuned coil
• Highly detailed boxer engine, fully wired and plumbed
• Superb miniature KKK turbocharger
• Designed in 1:18 scale. Over 9.5" long
• Superb die-cast metal body and chassis, full opening
• Superb 11 step paint finish. Authentic colors. High lustre
• Hand-assembled from over 350 scaled precision parts