The American Silver Eagle is the official 0.999 fine silver bullion coin produced annually by the United States Mint since 1986. This stunning coin has become the most widely traded silver bullion coin in the world and is a favorite among collectors and investors alike. Offered here is a 2015 American Silver Eagle in uncirculated condition taken straight from fresh U.S. mint rolls Each coin will be encapsulated in an airtight holder and housed in a black velvet collectors pouch-- perfect for gifting, safe storage, and preservation. The coin is unconditionally guaranteed to be genuine, dated 2015, and will match the quality of the one shown. If you are interested in building a collection, consider adding other great selections that we offer to compliment your purchase.
About the American Silver Eagle:
In the brief period since its introduction in 1986, the American Silver Eagle has become the most widely traded silver bullion coin in the world. It stands at the summit of a two-hundred-year history of American silver coinage. Since 1986, over five-hundred million American Silver Eagles have been sold to collectors and investors around the world. As stipulated by law, American Silver Eagles are composed of silver mined exclusively in the United States with a purity of .999, making them the purest U.S. silver bullion coins ever minted. All American Silver Eagles are struck in the one troy ounce denomination with a nominal face value of $1. The American Silver Eagle is considered by many to be the most beautiful coin in production today. The obverse takes its design directly from one of the most iconic coins in U.S. history― Adolph A. Weinman's Walking Liberty half-dollar of 1916-1947. The reverse of the coin features a new design by John Mercanti, the chief engraver at the U.S. Mint. It depicts a proud heraldic eagle placed directly beneath thirteen stars representing the original thirteen colonies. By combining the classic with the modern, the American Silver Eagle coins capture the unique spirit of our country― proud of our history while moving forward with purpose.
- Type: American Silver Eagle (1986-Present)
- Designer: Obverse: Adolph A. Weinman. Reverse: John Mercanti
- Weight: 31.101 g
- Diameter: 40.6 mm
- Composition: 99.93% Silver, 0.007% Copper
- Net silver weight: 1 oz pure silver
- Obverse Design: Liberty wearing an American flag dress with outstretched arm and carrying branches of laurel and oak / Mountain with rising sun in distance
- Obverse Inscription: IN GOD WE TRUST / LIBERTY / DATE
- Reverse Design: American eagle with heraldic shield, clutching an olive branch and arrows
- Reverse Inscription: UNITED STATES OF AMERICA / ONE DOLLAR /1 OZ FINE SILVER