The American Silver Eagle is the official 0.999 fine silver bullion coin produced annually by the United States Mint since 1986. This stunning coin has become the most widely traded silver bullion coin in the world and is a favorite among collectors and investors alike. Offered here is a newly minted 2021 American Silver Eagle in uncirculated condition taken straight from fresh U.S. mint rolls. Each coin is housed in an airtight capsule and presented in a luxurious, plush-lined wood box with embossed metallic gold lettering, piano-black finish, and certificate of authenticity. The coins are unconditionally guaranteed to be genuine, minted in 2021, and will match the exceptional mint-state quality of the ones shown. If you are interested in building a collection, consider adding other great selections from the American Premier Coinage Series.
About the American Silver Eagle:
In the brief period since its introduction in 1986, the Silver Eagle has become the most widely traded silver bullion coin in the world. It stands at the summit of a 200-year history of American silver coinage. As stipulated by law, American Silver Eagles are composed of silver mined exclusively in the United States with a purity of 99.9%, making them the purest U.S. silver bullion coins ever minted. All Silver Eagles are struck in the one troy ounce denomination with a nominal face value of $1. The Silver Eagle is considered by many to be the most beautiful coin in production today. The obverse takes its design directly from one of the most iconic coins in U.S. history-- Adolph A. Weinman’s Walking Liberty half-dollar of 1916-1947. The reverse of the coin originally featured a heraldic eagle, which was later replaced in 2021 with a depiction of an eagle approaching a landing and carrying an oak branch, as if to add it to a nest. By combining the classic with the modern, the American Silver Eagle coins capture the unique spirit of our country--proud of our history while moving forward with purpose.
- Metal (fineness % purity): 99.9%
- Weight: 31.101 g
- Dimensions: 4.5" L x 4.5" W x 2" H
- Diameter: 40.6 mm
- Denomination: the value of $1
- Year of Issue: 1986
- Obverse Designer: Adolph A. Weinman
- Obverse Design: Liberty wearing an American flag dress with outstretched arm and
- Obverse Inscription: IN GOD WE TRUST / LIBERTY / DATE
- Reverse Design: American eagle approaching a landing and clutching an olive branch
- Reverse Inscription: UNITED STATES OF AMERICA / ONE DOLLAR / 1 OZ FINE SILVER / E PLURIBUS UNUM
- Packaging: Each coin is housed in an airtight capsule and presented in a plush-lined box with a display easel, magnetic lid, and certificate of authenticity.
- Includes a Certificate of Authenticity