Celebrate the United States and its neighbor to the north with this 2020 American Silver Eagle and Canadian Silver Maple Leaf Coin Set. The Silver Eagle is the official 0.999 fine silver bullion coin produced annually by the United States Mint since 1986 and is one of the most widely traded bullion coins in the world. The Silver Maple Leaf was introduced by the Royal Canadian Mint in 1988 and is struck in 0.9999 fine silver, making it the purest silver bullion coin globally. Each coin is housed in an airtight capsule and the pair is presented in a luxurious, plush-lined wood box with embossed metallic gold lettering, piano-black finish, and certificate of authenticity. The coins are unconditionally guaranteed to be genuine, minted in 2020, and will match the exceptional mint-state quality of the ones shown. If you are interested in building a collection, consider adding other great selections of the United States and Canadian coins, including American Eagles and Canadian Maple Leafs struck in gold.
In the brief period since its introduction in 1986, the American Silver Eagle has become the most widely traded silver bullion coin in the world. It stands at the summit of a two-hundred-year history of American silver coinage. Since 1986, over five-hundred million American Silver Eagles have been sold to collectors and investors around the world. As stipulated by law, American Silver Eagles are composed of silver mined exclusively in the United States with a purity of .999, making them the purest U.S. silver bullion coins ever minted. All American Silver Eagles are struck in the one troy ounce denomination with a nominal face value of $1. The American Silver Eagle is considered by many to be the most beautiful coin in production today. The obverse takes its design directly from one of the most iconic coins in U.S. history― Adolph A. Weinman's Walking Liberty half-dollar of 1916-1947. The reverse of the coin features a new design by John Mercanti, the chief engraver at the U.S. Mint. It depicts a proud heraldic eagle placed directly beneath thirteen stars representing the original thirteen colonies. By combining the classic with the modern, the American Silver Eagle coins capture the unique spirit of our country― proud of our history while moving forward with purpose.
Since it was first struck by the Royal Canadian Mint in 1988, the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf has achieved great popularity. This coin is .9999 pure silver, making it the highest purity silver bullion coin ever minted in the world. The Silver Maple leaf is only available in a one-ounce denomination. However, with a face value of five Canadian dollars, the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf bears the highest denomination of all international silver bullion coins. These stunning coins feature a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain on the obverse and the national symbol of Canada, the maple leaf, on the reverse. Several special-edition and commemorative issues exist that feature other interesting designs. Since 2014, the maple leaf has employed several advanced security features, including radial lines and a micro-engraved laser mark.
- Type: American Silver Eagle (1986-Present)
- Designer: Adolph A. Weinman / John Mercanti
- Weight: 31.101 g
- Diameter: 40.6 mm
- Composition: 99.93% Silver, 0.007% Copper
- Net silver weight: 1 oz pure silver
- Obverse Design: Liberty wearing an American flag dress with an outstretched arm and carrying branches of laurel and oak / Mountain with a rising sun in the distance
- Obverse Inscription: IN GOD WE TRUST / LIBERTY / DATE
- Reverse Design: American eagle with heraldic shield, clutching an olive branch and arrows
- Reverse Inscription: UNITED STATES OF AMERICA / ONE DOLLAR /1 OZ FINE SILVER
- Type: Canadian Silver Maple Leaf (1988-Present)
- Obverse Designers: 1988-1989: Arnold Machin, 1990-2003: Dora de Pédery-Hunt, 2004-Present: Susanna Blunt
- Reverse Designers: Royal Canadian Mint Engravers
- Diameter: 38 mm
- Composition: 99.99% Silver
- Net silver weight: 1 oz pure silver
- Obverse Design: Maple Leaf
- Obverse Inscription: CANADA / FINE SILVER / 1 OZ / ARGENT PUR / 9999
- Reverse Design: Portrait of Queen Elizabeth II
- Reverse Inscription: ELIZABETH II / 5 DOLLARS / DATE
- 8 x 6 x 2