Imagine building a GT race car that in its first year wins the grueling 1964 twenty-four-hour endurance race, Le Mans. Just imagine yourself in the cockpit with Dan Gurney putting the Cobra Daytona Coupe through its paces. The number 5 car is on the last lap in the race of its life. The excitement is electrifying, your heart is pounding as Carroll Shelby's blue Cobra Daytona Coupe screams past the finish line winning the race.
Better yet, the team clinches the World GT Championship by winning at Reims, France on July 4th, 1965. The only American car to ever achieve this.
Now, imagine these two legendary racecars recreated in the most exquisite models of the Cobra Daytona Coupe in the world. Hand-assembled from over 280 parts. Painted in gold and silver to celebrate the 50th anniversary of these historic wins.
The actual Cobra Daytona took a little over 90 days to build. It took Exoto over two years of painstaking effort to bring these important new models to life. Built-in grand 1:18 scale, each one a masterwork of detail and precision. All of which makes this an unforgettable tribute to one of the most important race cars of all time. It's the stuff of legends.
One thing you can't imagine is just how much Exoto puts into these models until you actually hold them in your hands. All you have to do is look at the valve stems machined out of aluminum and you'll know how much the makers care about the details. They even went to extra trouble and expense to photo etch the radiator and oil cooler. If that weren't enough, look at the fully wired and plumbed engine. The incredibly detailed interior. Look at the real wire mesh screens under the chassis and on nearly everybody panel opening.
Fact is, any way you look at these models, they are a feast for the eyes.
• Opening functions include: doors, hood and lexon-like hatch
• Highly detailed engine, fully wired and plumbed
• Simulated bungie cord secures spare tire (most items)
• Real wire mesh covering on all body panel openings
• All racing graphics have been painted on. No decals
• Steering wheel function. Fully detailed interior
• Genuine tread pattern on miniature rubber-like Goodyear Blue Streak tires
• Genuine metal chains to hold tilting hood
• Numerous photo-etched parts: radiators. license plate ...
• Machined aluminum valve stems (all five wheels)
• Designed in a 1:18 scale. Over 9" long
• Superb 11 step paint finish
• Full die-cast body and chassis. Numbered editions
• Hand-assembled from over 140 scaled precision parts
This special edition bundle is limited to 65 pieces and will sell out quickly. So don't wait. Order online to reserve your own limited edition American Racing Legend today.